Thursday, March 29, 2007

Fruit of the Spirit

I was reading a scripture verse the other day and was again reminded what some of the traits are that show fruit of the Spirit. I am not a gentle person. I have known this my entire life. I speak up, sometimes even before I should. I am not unkind, although I had to work on curbing my sarcasm as the years went on. I have known a few gentle people. There are some in my life currently. Like Rebecca and Don, they are gentle and kind and loving people who are wonderful to know. They are also intelligent and gracious and generous and creative as well. Mrs. Day who used to work where I went to work was a wonderfully gentle soul. There was always a smile upon her lips no matter the challenge of the day. And Judy, she worked with me also at another job. For several years I watched her grow and change to an ever more gracious and beautiful person. Although she and I have not worked together in many years, we still bump into each other from time to time, and she is still as gentle and sweet as ever. These people are my heroes, the folks I look up to and admire. I pray for God's blessings on them each day.

No comments: